The District has openings in the positions listed below. Persons interested in applying for these positions should obtain an application form from the District located at 8560 Page Ln, Scurry, TX 75158 or download the application form from this site.
The completed application form should be returned, and those wishing to submit a resume, by either email, mail or in person.
Gastonia Scurry Special Utility District is an equal opportunity employer and all positions will remain open until filled
- Repair, install and adjust essential infrastruction for public water distribution system.
- Monthly meter reading
- Daily residual reading
- Bi-Monthly sample reading
Hourly rate $18 - $20/hour
- C or D Distribution license or above
- Min 3 years experience
- Valid TX DL
See complete job ad on Indeed:
Utility Technician, Scurry, TX - Job Details | Indeed.com
Gastonia-Scurry SUD is a Public Water System providing safe drinking water to a population of approximately 10,000 people. We use automated software systems at our pump stations and have PVC style mains. We offer full, 100% employer paid medical-dental-vision insurance coverage for the employee and qualifying dependents. We have an entirely new BOD, new management team, strong culture and great team! Other benefits offered are Simple IRA, Paid Vacation, and Paid Sick Leave. We provide on the job training and paid in class training for qualifying candidates.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with industrial tools and equipment (preferred)
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to work well with others or alone
- Motivated and Task oriented with limited direct supervision
- Applicant must hold a Valid Class D or C Water Distribution Operator License from TCEQ
- Valid Texas Driver’s License with an exceptional driving record
- GED or High School Diploma
- Prefer living within 30 minutes of Gastonia-Scurry service area.
Any offer of employment will be contingent on passing a drug test and background check.